20210105%20composite%20-%20square_edited

Let's Not Forget

September 6, 2022

Has the pandemic done anything to improve the livelihood of essential workers still on the frontline?

In health care, doctors and nurses represent less than 20% of all essential health workers. Aides, housekeepers, cooks, and other support staff make up the other 80% that are low-paid jobs. Those jobs are disproportionately held by people of color. In this week’s video Bookings Institution shares the stories of health care and grocery workers. Black and brown people make up half of essential workers in low-paid jobs.